Facility, Program & Service Updates
ACILITY, PROGRAM & SERVICE UPDATES
SAFETY IS A TOP PRIORITY AS WE FOLLOW OUR STATE, COUNTY & CDC GUIDELINES
Thank you! We are humbled, honored and blessed to have received such an incredible outpouring of support these past two months. We appreciate all of our members and participants, and we completely understand the tough decisions that are taking place every day. Serving this community and providing the same mission since 1858 shows the power we have when we come together. Combined, we are building an awesome community. We are so happy to see everyone again, to connect, tell stories, and find common ground! Thanks for your patience. We are honored to serve so many people, from all different backgrounds, from all over the community. We are stronger together, and we’re ready to begin the next chapter in the awesome history of our YMCA!
A return to our “New Normal”
- Hot tubs, steam rooms, and sauna
- Only 3 people permitted at a time
- Social Distancing is mandatory
- Lap Swim, Rec Swim, Water Jogging and Floating permitted
- Day Passes will be available
- Pick Up Basketball is permitted
- Youth 10 & up may enter facility
- Standard processes apply
- 14 & up for use of strength/cardio equipment
- 16 & up for treadmills
- 7 & under in Child Watch without parents (12 & under at Utica)
- Nation-wide membership is still NOT permitted at this time (Y-USA policy)
- Child Watch schedule is available
- Group Exercise will begin in limited areas to maintain spaces and access
- Water Exercise continues to be closely monitored; classes added based on safety
- Youth Programs will include temp checks and other safety enhancements
- Popcorn or coffee services will be prohibited
- Equipment will be provided on a limited basis.
- Group and Water Exercise MUST clean after each use/contact when available
- Hot tubs, steam rooms, and sauna
Safety Updates and Enhancements
- Enhanced cleaning protocols per CDC guidance – including new training program for all custodians and leadership staff
- Spaced equipment out 6’ or greater where possible.
- Some equipment will not be able for use if not 6′ distance
- Added additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Added PPE equipment for our staff.
- Added sneeze guards at our membership desk.
- Ordered electrostatic disinfectant sprayers to sanitize our facilities.
- Increased air flow in spaces where possible.
- Increased educational signage related to COVID-19
- All staff will be wearing a face covering or face shield
Your Support Created Great Community Impact!
- Our Essential Working Family Child Care has been visited 2,000 times at our two locations.
- We delivered food and sanitary products to families in need.
- We visited from a distance, called and checked in with dozens of our senior members. We even mowed a couple lawns!
- Several of the at-risk teens in our Outreach Program were able to continue their school plans, graduate from high school, complete college financial assistance, and work at jobs that helped them to stay positive.
- Our “Virtual YMCA” programs have been viewed over 125,000 time
Financial Assistance “Bridge Memberships”
- Made possible by donor support to our Annual Campaign
- 3-month memberships that are fully sponsored and have no cost
- Available to members who were active on March 1st, and
- Had a job at that time, and
- No longer have their job available
- For more information, after we return to services on 5.18, stop in or give us a call and we’ll be happy to help!
- Not a Y Member, but still need assistance?
- Our Financial Assistance program makes it easy for all
- Click here for more information and visit us today!