What You Will Learn When Working at Camp
YMCA Camp Abe Lincoln hires only the best role models to run our programs. While leading adventures, playing outside, and developing relationships, you will be working with an organization that believes in building others up. We do this by offering a welcoming environment where everyone gets a fresh start, a place to belong, and a chance to be themselves. Camp staff not only teach how to shoot and how to zip, but how to connect with others, how to work as a team, and create communities that deliver happiness! If you are ready for the next adventure that will transform your life and help you develop all of the skills current employers are looking for, then look no further than Camp Abe Lincoln, an unforgettable place that inspires passionate loyalty from campers, staff, and alumni.
- Overnight counselor positions require living on-site at Camp Abe Lincoln, however, all staff members can live on-site, rotating between staff dorm rooms and camper cabins. Room and board are provided as a requirement of living on site.
- Dates of employment: Late May – Mid- August with opportunity for part-time employment outside of our summer season
- All staff are expected to model the values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility and to commit themselves to strengthening themselves and others in spirit, mind, and body
- We require a sincere interest in youth and the ability to work with others in a group effort
- CPR and 1st Aid certifications are required for all positions; we offer training after hire
- All jobs require staff to be of 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated
- Job offers are made pending the results of a full state and federal background check
Applications are available online. Interviews are conducted and references are check on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come, first serve with qualified applicants completing the application process.